- This certified organic latex mattress is ideal for sufferers of hay fever, asthma, or upper-respiratory breathing difficulties
- 8" supporting core of individual pocket coils encased in a durable certified organic cotton envelope and topped with 3" of luxurious certified organic rubber-tree latex that can be ordered in either medium-soft, medium, medium-firm, or a custom firmness
- Pocket coils respond individually to a sleeper’s weight and position and deliver comfort with less motion transfer while retaining the feel of an innerspring
- Ideal for sleepers of different weights and statures who share a bed or for those who prefer a soft to medium-firm organic mattress
- Covered on all sides with our durable zippered, double-stitched quilted cover of GOTS-certified organic wool and cotton
- Top layer of latex can be divided to provide a different firmness level for each side
- Finished mattress certified to GOTS (the Global Organic Textile Standard) and to GOLS (the Global Organic Latex Standard) by Control Union
- Available in the following firmnesses: medium-soft, medium, and medium-firm (also available in a split firmness for queen and king sizes)
- Needs to be rotated only once or twice per year
- Mold-, mildew-, and dust-mite resistant
- Depth: Approximately 12”
- Handmade in the USA
- 90-Day Comfort Exchange
- 20-year limited warranty
- Meets the GREENGUARD® product emission standard
The Astar, like its sister mattress the Sorell, is a luxury certified organic mattress made with a medium-firm core of individual pocket coils encased in a durable certified organic cotton envelope and topped with 3” of luxurious certified organic rubber-tree latex. The latex layer can be ordered in either medium-soft, medium, medium-firm, or a custom firmness. Unlike the one-piece Bonnell-spring construction of our Traditional, SANORA, and Combo mattresses, pocket coils respond individually to a sleeper’s weight and position, and deliver comfort with less motion transfer while still providing the feel of an innerspring. As with all our mattresses, our certified organic wool provides flammability protection without the use of chemical flame retardants or synthetic fire barriers.
The Astar features the same loose zipper-cover design as our Trio (which has been in our line for over 10 years), and the top layer of latex can be divided to provide a different firmness level for each side. Similar to the Trio either of the Astar’s top surface layers can be exchanged within 90 days if the comfort is not perfect. Height: Approximately 12”. Handmade in the USA.
The Astar and Sorell mattresses require a unique foundation.
The coil springs used in most supporting box springs are approximately 3” in diameter. Although many more pocket coils are used in The Astar and The Sorell than are used in other mattresses, their diameter is closer to 1 1/4”. What this means is that to prevent the pocket coils from resting on an unsupported space, either our padded Wood-Slat or Box-Spring Foundation is necessary. These mattresses can also be used on wood-slat bed frames, as long as the distance between slats is no more than 1” and the slats are padded (even an old blanket should work, depending on its thickness). Please call if you have any questions regarding an appropriate support system for your mattress.
Eastern King (76x80") • Cal King (72x84")
Give us a call at 1-800-284-4983 so one of our friendly Product Specialists can recommend just the right organic mattress and firmness for you.
Shipping charges are based on level of service and location. We will call with a quote before your order is processed.
Click on an icon for more information about our independent third-party certifications:
If ordering the split comfort level mattress, rotating or flipping the mattress won't work, as it shifts the comfort level to the other person, right?
The Astar actually features a zippered cover which allows you to access the layers and rotate them without switching them to the other side of the bed. Completely flipping the mattress would not work, though, since the latex layer is only on the top side of the mattress.