- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Product Reviews
- Customer Questions
- Comfort Exchange & Returns
- Choice of 5” or 7” depths
- Our Maton® has been designed with a 2" certified organic natural rubber latex core (like a mattress) and then layered with soft padding of GOTS-certified organic cotton and GOTS-certified organic wool (like a futon), hence the word Maton®
- Certified organic naturally safer pure wool is added under the surface to increase cushioning and facilitate comfortable body temperature
- The 5" version makes a perfect child's transition mattress from a crib. Choose the 7" version for adults or when using with a folding sofa frame or organic futon couch
- Like all futon products, the Maton® will show a body impression, which occurs naturally as the thick padding layers mold to the body’s contours
- Should be turned and fluffed to minimize the "body signature," but the natural rubber core will provide lasting resilience for the life of the product
- Meets the GREENGUARD® product emission standard for a safe and comfortable sleep environment
- Handmade in the USA
Matons® require a doctor's prescription because we use no chemical fire retardants. Give us a call at 1-800-284-4983 to place your order.
Shipping charges are based on level of service and location. We will call with a quote before your order is processed.
Why do I need a doctor's prescription for my Maton®?
Write Your Own Review
Why don't you just add enough wool to the Maton so that it meets Federal fire codes?
The wool in the Maton is simply in layers under the (not quilted) cotton cover. The compressed wool in the quilted cover is what creates our natural fire retardant in the other mattresses.
Does the Maton come in a queen size? tks
Yes, the Maton is available in Queen size (in either a 5" depth or 7" depth).
Our mattresses are eligible for our 90-Day Comfort Exchange. Call for details!
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
With the exception of our mattresses, pillow tops, and custom orders, any item can be returned within 30 days for a full refund, exchange, or in-store credit of the item cost, as long as the product is received unused, and in its original packaging. Our pillows can be returned if you do not open or remove their sanitary-seal packaging. Please call 800-284-4983 for a return authorization number and instructions. No returns can be processed without a return authorization number. The customer is responsible for return shipping charges.