- This certified organic latex mattress is ideal for sufferers of hay fever, asthma, or upper-respiratory breathing difficulties
- 8" supporting core of individual pocket coils encased in a durable certified organic cotton envelope and topped with 3" of luxurious certified organic rubber-tree latex that can be ordered in either medium, medium-firm, or a firm
- Pocket coils respond individually to a sleeper’s weight and position and deliver comfort with less motion transfer while retaining the feel of an innerspring
- Ideal for sleepers of different weights and statures who share a bed or for those who prefer a soft to medium-firm organic mattress
- Covered on all sides with our durable, double-stitched quilted cover of GOTS-certified organic wool and cotton
- Finished mattress certified to GOTS (the Global Organic Textile Standard) and to GOLS (the Global Organic Latex Standard) by Control Union
- Available in three firmnesses: medium, medium-firm, firm
- Needs to be rotated only once or twice per year
- Mold-, mildew-, and dust-mite resistant
- Depth: Approximately 12”
- Handmade in the USA
- 90-Day Comfort Exchange
- 20-year limited warranty
- Meets the GREENGUARD® product emission standard
The Sorell is a luxury certified organic mattress made with a medium-firm core of individual pocket coils encased in a durable certified organic cotton envelope and topped with 3” of luxurious certified organic rubber-tree latex. The latex layer can be ordered in either medium, medium-firm or firm. Unlike the one-piece Bonnell-spring construction of our Traditional, SANORA and Combo mattresses, pocket coils respond individually to a sleeper’s weight and position, and deliver comfort with less motion transfer while retaining the feel of an innerspring. As with all our mattresses, our certified organic wool provides flammability protection without the use of chemical flame retardants or synthetic fire barriers.
The major difference between our two 20th Anniversary mattresses is that while the Astar has a loose, removable cover that feels softer and allows for changing the inside latex surface, the Sorell is a tape-edge product that is sewn closed and, because of the tightness of the cover, provides sleepers with a firmer surface. Height: Approximately 12”. Handmade in the USA.The Astar and Sorell mattresses require a unique foundation.
The coil springs used in most supporting box springs are approximately 3” in diameter. Although many more pocket coils are used in The Astar and The Sorell than are used in other mattresses, their diameter is closer to 1 1/4”. What this means is that to prevent the pocket coils from resting on an unsupported space, either our padded Wood-Slat or Box-Spring Foundation is necessary. These mattresses can also be used on wood-slat bed frames, as long as the distance between slats is no more than 1” and the slats are padded (even an old blanket should work, depending on its thickness). Please call if you have any questions regarding an appropriate support system for your mattress.
Eastern King (76x80") • Cal King (72x84")
Give us a call at 1-800-284-4983 so one of our friendly Product Specialists can recommend just the right organic mattress and firmness for you.
Shipping charges are based on level of service and location. We will call with a quote before your order is processed.
Click on an icon for more information about our independent third-party certifications:
There are no product questions yet.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Price From: $82.50
Price From: $239.50